To reduce the risk of exposure and spreading of the virus I will implement some terms and conditions that was published and recommended by NASP (National Associations Strategic Partnership) to have the safest possible driving lessons. Hopefully this will not be forever and I sympathies how strict all of these are.
What you should do before your driving lesson?
Expect a text from your driving instructor to confirm if you, or anyone in your household or bubble has any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last seven days – or have been in contact with someone who has within the last 14 days.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
a high temperature,
a new, continuous cough and
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Pay by BAC’s or by cash. Cash must be the exact amount (no change given) in an envelop with your name on it.
What do I do if I think I have Coronavirus?
If you suspect you have the coronavirus and have provided more than 48 hours notice, there is no cancellation fee and we can resume after 14 days of isolation.
However if you cancel with less than 48 hours notice and you can either:
Provide a negative result, lessons can continue and no cancellation fee.
Provide a positive result with proof, no cancellation fee and resume lessons after 14 days from date of positive test result.
Failing to provide a positive test result for canceling a lesson with less than 48 hours notice will automatically be taken off the driving instructors diary and no refund provided or tests being booked.
PLEASE do not come for a lesson even if you think you feel fine, you could be one of the many people who don’t show any symptoms, and by continuing with a lesson, and you could endanger your instructor’s life and others in their household and support bubble. 48 hours notice is still required for any personal or work related cancellations.
What if I am ok for my lesson?
If you’re given the all clear for the lesson to go ahead, your instructor will advise you to do the following:
• Wear clothing that covers as much of your body as possible, including your arms and legs. Especially during the colder months.
Driver and passenger windows will be open during the lesson to improve ventilation.
• Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds immediately before leaving your home for your lesson or use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is available if needed.
Wear a mask! I will not be teaching anyone without one. I will be wearing a facemask.
• Wear disposable gloves if you wish to – but only put them on just before getting into the car. No gloves are provided, must bring your own.
• Meet the instructor by the car itself, and not by your front door.
• Expect the instructor to chat with you at the beginning of each and every lesson before you’re allowed to get in the car
All personal items in a bag, which is then stored in the boot during your lesson.
If the instructor is not 100% happy, they will cancel your lesson on the spot. Please don’t take it personally – they are just trying to keep everyone safe.
What you should do during your driving lesson?
To reduce risk during the lesson, the instructor will:
• Hold up any visual aids or training resources, instead of passing them between the two of you. You could bring your own notebook or drawing pad for diagrams, which can help you for future lessons.
• Ensure neither of you face each other directly when talking about scenarios; remaining face forward is the safest option when a 2-metre gap between two people cannot be maintained.
• Make sure no devices are shared such as pens with the instructor giving any brief notes digitally via text or email where possible.
• Wipe down the car’s controls if and when the instructor has completed giving you a demonstration drive.
What you should do after your driving lesson?
As you depart, remember not to shake hands and once you’re back home, do wash your hands as soon as possible. You may also wish to wash the clothes you wore during your lesson immediately.
What should your driving instructor do after your driving lesson?
You might notice that I haven’t driven off straight away from the drop off location. I will be cleaning the key surfaces inside and outside the car, which are:
Internal and external door handles • windows/mirror controls • seat/head restraints • seatbelt and its connection • gear lever • steering wheel
• indicator and wiper stalks • car keys • training resources or any item you might have touched.
If you agree with these newly added terms and conditions Coronavirus addition please fill in and forward to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or screenshot and send to WhatsApp or print and bring to the next lesson.
If I believe I have symptoms of the coronavirus, I will contact you all immediately and we all should self isolate for 14 days. I will then try and get a test and if it is positive continue to self-isolate. If negative, then driving lessons can resume immediately.